When making my social bookmarking site, I
realized how easy it was. I was thinking this project was going to be hard. The
social bookmarking site I used was easy to use. The site showed me how to add a
button to my toolbar to make it easy to add websites to my bookmarking site. I
also learned that I should have started social bookmarking earlier. Not only is
this great for keeping up with educational sites, I could also keep up with my
personal favorite sites.
In my professional practice, I could use this
site to find great tools and websites to use in the classroom. It is easy to
add tags to the websites so it is easy to find a website that relates to the
certain topic I will be looking for. On my social bookmarking site, I will
probably tag sites according to subject. I could give all of my students’
parents my link to my social bookmarking website so that they could browse my
site. There are a few websites that parents could use to help teach their child
how to use the Internet. Students should really learn about to use the Internet
safely before they begin school, and these websites would be helpful to parents.
My favorite source that I found was one that
contained 100 free tools for elementary education. It is the first site on my
social bookmarking list. The tools are organized into topics, so a tool that
you need is easy to find. I do not like searching for a tool, but if it is
under a topic, it will be easy for me, and others, to find. This site is just
packed with useful tools and websites. Many teachers are already receiving new
technology and this site provides tools that can be used with that technology.
The teacher does not need to ignore the technology because they do not know how
to use it. This site can help with that. This site could also be great for
parents to let their kid use. There are fun sites to visit that relate to
school topics. Even before entering school, this site could help parents
prepare their students to use fun websites where they can learn.
Other professionals could use my social
bookmarking website, especially elementary teachers. My bookmarking site does
not only have useful websites for teachers, but it also has great information
about Web 2.0 tools that can be used by anyone. One of my sites is all about
helping with blogs and wikis, which anyone can use in work. I also have a
website that is about project management. Almost any job will have a project,
so this site is useful to many, not just teachers. My site is also not only for
elementary teachers. Many of my websites have sites for education in general,
not just elementary school.
Here is a link to my social bookmarking site!
Please enjoy!
http://www.diigo.com/list/bcofer1/ed-529-social-bookmarking
Click here- My Social Bookmarking Site!
Click here- My Social Bookmarking Site!
I also chose Diigo for my social bookmarking site. It is very user-friendly and is likely a tool that I'll continue using both personally and professionally beyond ED 529. Thanks for sharing the link to "100 Free Web Tools" -what a great resource!
ReplyDeleteI agree with how you plan on using social bookmarking professionally. It is a collaborative tool, which allows the users to organize information however they choose. An additional option would be for older elementary and up students to use it when working on research papers and projects. It would be a simple and free way to integrate technology.
ReplyDeleteMLR Institute of Technology, Management, Pharmacy and Engineering Colleges in Dundigal, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
ReplyDeleteMLR Institute of Technology providing quality education to all sections of B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA and Pharmacy Management courses in Hyderabad, India.
Best engineering college in Hyderabad
http://mlrinstitutions.ac.in